She is definitely a big girl!
The boom operator's view
Todd reminiscing about the good 'ol days!
Ready for take off...buckle up!
The KC-10 was actually from McGuire AFB (where Todd was stationed when he was active duty). Anyway, he found a crew chief that he knew and they were catching up on where everyone was, what they were up to, etc. Well, we were there for over a half an hour and when we looked outside the plane they had already started the FOD walk (foreign object damage walk) to make sure there was nothing dangerous on the runway so the planes could take off. The show was over, these planes were headin' out! So, I got to one static display! Oh well, maybe I will have better luck in the future! (Maybe a bucket of cold water will do the trick next time!)
All in all, we had a lot of fun! After we left the displays we went and picked up food for lunch, brought it back, and ate it in the car beside the runway so we could watch the planes take off. That was neat to see...I must say, those fighter planes were pretty amazing to watch!
I thought this picture was neat, we saw the C-130 taxiing out to take off (the plane on the right) and it went past the KC-10 (the one on the left)...two planes that Todd cares deeply for! It was neat to see them side by side!
No comments:
Post a Comment