Todd had no idea what we were doing...all he knew was after work we had to take Bella to the Gaithers and then head to Birmingham. We stayed at the Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover, which was a very nice hotel. You could tell that it was a newer hotel, here are some pictures of our room...
Friday night I reveled to him my surprise...that we were going to the Ross Bridge Golf Resort and Spa! I know that he would not have said "Hey, lets go to a spa this weekend and relax". So I decided to surprise him and book it for his birthday. Both of our schedules were crazy and he had been very stressed out with his long days. He even commented about needing a massage about two weeks before we went. Little did he know that there was a massage and a whole bunch more coming his way! I decided to tell him Friday night what I had in store for him the next day, and I showed him our itineraries....we were literally there from 8-5...it was definitely a nice change of pace! It was a gorgeous place too, here is a picture from their website...

You are supposed to get there like 20 min early and we got there at 7:50 so we had to hussle. We had enough time to get ready for our first appointment...a couples massage and their highland foot therapy (that was Todd's favorite part of the day...it was kinda like reflexology). Then we had about 3 hours until our next session and we were scheduled pretty much back to back with maybe 30 minutes to spare inbetween one of our sessions. We were kind of dissapointed to find out that there was not a place where we could hang out together on our "down time". There was a men's lounge,jaccuzi,and sauna and a women's lounge, jacuzzi, and sauna...we had to stay in our seperate areas. During our little break I went in the jacuzzi and just relaxed, read a magazine (which I havent done in forever) and then went into the sauna. After about an hour and a half or so I had my attendant (yes that is how you get a message to "the other side") tell Todd's attendant, to tell Todd to meet me outside in about a half an hour. I thought we could go for a walk or grab a bite to eat (so we didnt have to order food and eat by ourselves in our seperate lounges). So we decided to drive and get some food...normally at a spa you order something healthy and nutritious....we went to Buffalo Wild Wings down the road. It was his birthday...it was totally up to him! That was the first time we were ever there and it was good! It was then that Todd told me that he fell asleep on one of the chairs in the mens lounge (which was good...we were there to relax!) and he went into the jacuzzi but I was right...he was getting board and antsy so it was good that we got out and did something.
Then we went back, and finish the rest of our "itinerary". For me it consisted of a Ross Brige facial, Southern Comfort Body Scrub, manicure, and pedicure. For him it consisted of a Gentleman's facial, Southern Comfort body scrub, scalp massage, and Heeled (tlc for your feet). He did not like the foot thing very much...I guess you never know until you try! They actually have specific items for men, which I thought was neat! (I did not make him get his fingernails painted or anything girly like that) Although he did not like the waiting around (inbetween sessions until they come in and get you) I think he really enjoyed it! The place was georgous and we highly recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment