
It was so nice to go back home for Christmas (other than the long drive)! It was the first time Todd was back for more than a couple of hours since we left last February to come down here. (He was home for his cross country but that was only long enough to get his plane gassed up, brief, say hi to our parents and head out again.) So needless to say this was a well needed break for us.
Bella did great on the drive...she is such a trooper. We were not sure with it being a 14 hr trip, but she slept almost the entire way. We took the truck and piled blankets in the little extended cab area and that was her bed. She sat with me a little but I think she preferred going back there. It was her own little space (and she liked to sit on the console between Todd and I too). Every time we stopped at a red light or gas station she would get up and stand in between us...to see what what going on. She is too funny!
Bella loved opening her presents...or actually just being allowed to rip up the paper. I must admit, she has been practicing on our toilet paper (see image below) and she was a pro at it. My mom had all of our wrapped presents in one room...on Christmas Eve when Todd and I were gone I guess Bella sniffed out which pile was hers and decided to open one. It was her bag of treats...what a little rascal!
The rest of our time in PA we tried to see as many people as we could. We ate dinner with our friends Erin and Jay, went to Todd's work to say hi, Todd took me for an airplane ride (I was the first passenger since he got his license-we just never had time until now! That is how crazy busy we are down in MS). I got together with my girlfriends from high school and he got together with some guys from work, we had lunch with our friend Cory Dumez and saw his new house and visited with Theresa (his wife). We spent New Years Eve at our friend Corey Taylor and Kristen's house and with other friends from Todd's work...that was a lot of fun! We went up to Todd's aunt's house over on the west shore to see all of his relatives on his mom's side. It was so nice to see all of them...I cant believe how much those kids have grown! We had a get together with my Grannie, Pap, Aunt Nancy and family...it was so nice to see them! I know I did not include everything but we fit in A LOT of stuff and were very busy but we still did not get to do all that we wanted. (sorry if we didn't get to see you over our Christmas break). The good news is we will be home soon and will see you all then!
My fearless pilot prepping the plane
Me with the little beauty we flew in! (Todd prepared me in advance that this plane might look a little "rough" but not to worry! Ha ha...he knows me too well!)
Before we knew it we were loading up the truck to head back to Columbus (it was kinda depressing rolling up to the gate down here). However, we had a great time and soon will be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment