Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oops!

If you have not talked to me today, I will sum it up in a few words for you...it sucked! Actually, just the first part of the day. So...for the CPA exam you have to buy what is called a NTS (notice to schedule) in order to sit for one of the sections . I had a NTS that was going to run out tomorrow, so I scheduled to take the exam today.

I got up this morning, got ready (I had everything together the night before in a pile on the kitchen counter...my NTS, my purse, a calculator, study materials, etc.) So everything was ready, I was on-time...I left at 7 a.m. so I would have plenty of time to make it to Tupelo by 9 a.m. (it's a little over an hour away). I was good to go! I grabbed my books and put them in the car, went back in the house- made sure I had 2 forms of ID in my purse, grabbed a soda and away I went! It was not until a little before 8 that I went to reach for my purse and it was not there...my heart sank! I was hoping that it was on the back seat, so I pulled over - no purse! (I made sure I had 2 forms of ID in it but I never picked it up off of the counter...stupid soda distracted me!) I have never felt so hopeless. My brain just went into overdrive trying to figure out a way to fix the situation...I called Todd but he was in the air flying - no response and even if I got him he can't just drop everything and run my purse to me. I was going to try to have someone get our house key but by the time they did and met me, it would have been too late! I turned around and just started calling the test center to try to figure out my options. I knew they would not let me in without my ID...its like Fort Knox there!! So, that was that...no test! There goes some more money right out the window!

Hopefully I will have better luck next time...so until then, back to the books!

2 comments:

badger girl said...

Bummer! Hopefully there will be no road blocks next time! :) I hate it when things like that happen -- or when you have your purse but not your wallet...and you're in line at the grocery... We've all done it. This too shall pass! :)

Anonymous said...

That sucks, but I know how you feel! I had to leave a cart full of groceries sit at customer service while I ran home to get my debit card. You'll get there!

Love ya, Jana